Unless you have had your head buried in a hole the last few weeks, I am sure you have heard of Pinterest.
Pinterest is the newest social media platform. It is a place to save(pin) images and videos on a board for later use. Your boards are then shared with other Pinterest users who can repin content that they like to their boards. This platform is very visual and is great for creating sharable images.
This platform could be a great tool for interior designers, teachers, artists, photographers, small business owners, anyone who loves DIY projects, crafters, magazines, museums, tourist attractions, SPCA and the list goes on…
How to use Pinterest:
1. Sign up for Pinterest
3. Save the Pin It bookmark to your computer- This book mark stays on top of your screen allowing you to easily hit the Pin It button and save the image to the board of your choice
4. You can use the search bar to search other peoples boards for specific keywords.
Why is Pinterest great for business?
1. It is a great way to make content viral!
2. It always documents the original source of the content on the pin. Which means no matter who pins your content, it will be linked back to your site.
3. It offers great SEO potential
Some great links on how to use Pinterest:
Ideas on how people can use Pinterest : http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story/293314/how-do-people-use-pinterest/1
To learn how to use the Pin It Button: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/3297-How-to-Use-Pinterest-for-Your-Ecommerce-Business
Tagged In:business, online business, Online business Red Deer, Online Consulting, online training, Pinterest, Red Deer Alberta, Red Deer business, social media, social media consulting, social media training